Be In The Know For 2018

The new regulations are here! Three different governing bodies put out their proposed regulations to a total of 276 pages and we are here to help you understand them. In the next weeks we will be posting about the new regulations and what the future of cannabis holds.Today will be a short blog outlining a couple of new license types that have been added to those outlined in MAUCRSA (Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act):

The California Department of Food and Agriculture which regulates cultivation has

  • Issued a specialty cottage license, up to 2,500 sq ft.
  •  Added a “Processing” License which would allow the licensee to process harvested flowers and create pre-rolls; however, the licensee would not be allowed to cultivate.

The California Department of Public Health which regulates manufacturing has

  •  Issued a separate license for infused products (Type N) such as edibles, beverages, tinctures, topicals, etc.

The Bureau of Cannabis Control which regulates retailers, distributors, testing labs and microbusinesses has

  • Added a "Transport-Only" Distribution license. This licensee would transport cannabis and cannabis products from business to business though not to retailers.
  • Added a "Cannabis Event Organizer" License. Only those with this license may apply for a "Temporary Cannabis Event License" to hold cannabis related events that last no longer than 4 days.

The next 7 months will serve as a transition period for the California Cannabis Landscape. Be sure to check in with the blog for more updates.